I should note that since I'm not spayed yet and the babies are beginning to be weaned, I have gone into heat. =( And Charlie is, obviously, neutered now, so there is NO RELEASE. It is driving me crazy! I just want to go outside and find some Tom and dzohfvgouihdfov. But Mommy-Jess won't let me. Maybe I'll feel better once I'm spayed.
The kittens have all begun taking to the solid food. Mommy-Jess had to sit down with some of the more finicky ones and hand-feed them until they figured out what the gooshy brown stuff was, but they've all at least started to eat.
(Mommy-Jess says her method was to take a little chunk of wet food in one hand, the kitten in the other, and gently force open the kitten's mouth and stick the wet food in. Once the kitten realized it tasted good, he or she would take more food without being forced. The kitten still had a bit of difficulty realizing what the food was doing in a bowl as opposed to coming out of my milk-filled tummy, but Mommy-Jess scooped some food into her hand and let the kitten eat of of that before pushing him or her over to the bowl. And it worked! We'll see if they remember what to do tonight...)
They're still pooing on the carpet, but litter box training takes time. The best method, apparently, is to put the kittens in the litter box about a half-hour after feeding and rub their paws in the litter to simulate digging and burying. It's working somewhat -- there is waste in the box! -- but the results still aren't consistent. Hopefully in another week or so, they'll get it!
And now, what you've been waiting for -- PICTURES!

Cap! Isn't he the cutest little dear?

And here's Jacoby, offended by the flash going off in his face.
T'Challa (his -- yes, T'Challa is male, go figure -- prospective adopter has not chosen a name yet. I suppose she'll start thinking about it when she comes to see him next Thursday), looking all surprised.
Playful Brady!
Jake and Mallory eating, with Brady looking on. Mommy-Jess's camera ran out of batteries before she could get a face-shot of Mallory, but she promises she will by the next post.That's it for today!
If you know an available Tom, will you please send him my way? Thanks, everyone.
Love,
Emma
If you know an available Tom, will you please send him my way? Thanks, everyone.
Love,
Emma
No comments:
Post a Comment