Friday, July 4, 2008

Their Last Week

The four boys -- Cap, Jake, Brady, and Marshmallow (the black kitten) -- are leaving this weekend, and Mallory is probably leaving on Tuesday.

They're so very playful now! They love to play with yarn and climb peoples' pant legs, and they all definitely still love playing with each other. They're going to miss each other, and I'm going to miss them a little, but frankly, I want Mommy-Jess to myself again. I run into her room after her whenever she opens the door, and I even have to put myself between her and the kittens sometimes so that she'll pet me and not them! They're pretty grown-up now, in my eyes -- they don't seem to need me much anymore, unless they want a milky snack. And it hurts even more now that they all have teeth!

They're all more or less consistently using the litter box and eating solid food. Mommy-Jess seems very happy about this. And Jake purred for the first time yesterday!


Brady. This picture came out quite dark -- or it could be Mommy-Jess's screen. Either way, he's gotten so big and handsome!


The three-tier sleep-system -- Brady's on the top, Marshmallow's in the middle, and Mallory is on the bottom. The Oranges were sleeping on chairs.


Little Mallory never looks at the camera!


Relaxing Jake.


Marshmallow, with the litter box mess behind him. The carpet under the boxes is lined with newspaper, but they love to tear it up...


Mallory and Jake, playing with yarn.


And Cap, with his "who's that wakin' me up??" offended face.


That's about it. I'll be back at least once more to reflect on life-after-kittens. This was my first and will be my only litter, as Mommy-Jess made me an appointment for the girl version of what happened to Charlie at the end of next week.

I am very, very tired and very, very sore. The whole pregnancy process is exhausting, my friends.

Love,
Emma

1 comment:

Elvia Szymanski said...

I love you Emmers and all your blog posts! I am glad your kittens are finding homes and that you will have your mommy all by yourself - well, still have to share with that wayward brother you have... congratulations on your beautiful babies (and tell your mom we would like to see pics in kitty pix!