Sunday, May 11, 2008

KITTENS!

I am the happiest mama in the entire world! I gave birth to five kittens early Saturday morning (May 10th, 2008)! They are so cute and fuzzy and I feel lots better now that they're out of my belly and I can chase the laser and jump around again! Mommy-Jess sat up with me for three hours and then kept getting up to check on me and the babies until everyone was born and happy and nursing. And I'm not fat anymore, thank goodness!


This is a picture of the kittens and I at around 5:30 in the morning after the births. They're very clingy and their little mouths hurt me sometimes, so I have to get up and wander around to take a break, but I never go far and they cry if they need me. I'm very very very tired, but proud!


And in THIS picture, you can see all five of my little darlings! From left to right, we call them Gray, Big Orange, Calico, Little Orange, and Black. Mommy-Jess thinks that Gray and the two Oranges are boys and that Black and Calico are girls, but we can't be entirely sure yet. The initial sexing isn't always accurate because it's hard to see their little tiny parts!

Well, that's all for now. Everyone seems to be happy and healthy over 24 hours in, so I'm hoping that all of my worrying was all for nothing! I'll keep you informed!

What good timing. Happy Mother's Day to meeeee!

No comments: