Sunday, May 18, 2008

No pictures today, sorry.

There will be no pictures today because I am on STRIKE. On Friday, Mommy-Jess put all of the kittens and me into one big box and brought us out to the Smelly Moving Machine. It made lots of rumblies and scared the kittens, and them being scared scared me even more! I got out of the box by making myself really really tiny and pushing hard, but Mommy-Jess stopped the Smelly Moving Machine and fixed the box and made me go back in.

When the Smelly Moving Machine stopped, Mommy-Jess brought us into the building that smells like other animals and clean things that sting my nose. We sat for awhile, and people cooed at us, and Mommy-Jess talked to them. Then we went into a room and they pulled me out onto a cold table. I tried to jump down, but Mommy-Jess wouldn't let me. Then a little woman and a big man came in and held me down and jabbed me with sharp things and wouldn't stop even when I clawed them! Mommy-Jess kept talking to me, but I could barely hear her over the blood pounding in my ears!

Well, the big man put something up my bum and it made a beeping noise and he made some concerned noises and said something to Mommy-Jess that sounded like "fever." This "fever" must me a bad thing, because they jabbed me with another needle that had stuff in it and now Mommy-Jess shoves a tube down my throat twice a day. The milky liquid tastes awful, but Mommy-Jess gives me treats or food after so I guess I don't hate her too much. Yet.

And the big man looked at all of my babies. He didn't jab them and Mommy-Jess doesn't have to give them any gross-tasting nastiness, so they must be okay.

On the bright side, the kittens are starting to open their eyes! I love that they can see me now, see who their mommy is. Only the Big Orange kitten and the Calico kitten have fully opened their eyes so far, but the rest are starting to as well! They're all growing up so fast.

And you'll get more pictures when Mommy-Jess stops making me swallow that foul-tasting substance. This is an act of protest!

(Edit from Mommy-Jess: To clarify, Emma has a fever and is on antibiotics for the next week. We haven't gotten her blood work back yet, but there could be an infection in her uterus. Most likely, antibiotics will solve the problem and everyone will be fine.)

No comments: